Background: The Dominion is an old reign in the distant Gamma Quadrant. Founded by a race of mythical shapeshifters this Empire was build on fear and brutal force. The Founders once were subject to xenophobia and were hunted down by ordinary human beings. Because of this the founders fear the reign of "Solids" and are determined to rule over the Galaxy in order to ensure their security.
The Dominion is administrated by the Vorta, an artificially enhanced race of once ape like creatures. The Vorta oversee the Jem'Hadar who are the warriors of the Dominion. They were designed to be perfect soldiers: Invisible to most humanoids, more powerfull and quicker in comprehension than ordinary beings. They are controlled by a drug only provided by the Vorta.
Design Notes: The Dominion offers a lot besides brutal firce: Many powerfull Commands and Special Effects and a lot Jem'Hadar-Cards which are reuseable (in order to simulate the fact, that they can be reproduced easily).
Background: In the first months of the Doinion War the Alliance had to realize, that they could not fight an enduring confrontation with the Dominion. The Dominion sent wave after wave of Jem'Hadar into the Battle and reproduced ships and tropps more quickly than the Federation and the Klingons could destroy.
Design Notes: This Card points out the most freightening aspect of the Dominion. As an Event it might well be the most powerfull of its kind.
1. The "Cloaking Mines" are the Federation's only defense against this Card. So be prepared, to end your fight with the reinforcements you get by playing "Incubation".
2. Be aware of the fact, that you wont be able to play a second Event the turn you play "Incubation". So it might well be, that the advantage you gain by playing it (e.g. many Commands) might well unfold only one turn ahead.
3. Do not waste "Incubation" if you do have other means of continueing the Fight. But count your Deck Pile now and then to make sure you can really draw all five Cards.
Background: Right in the first battle between the Federation and the Dominion, the U.S.S. Odyssee had to encounter three Jem'Hadar Fighter without proper defenses. The polaron based weapons of the Dominion are capable of penetrating conventional shielding. When the hostilities continued, the Alliance found ways to partially restore the protective effect of their defenses against the Jem'Hadar arsenal.
Design Notes: Real Trekkies will realize that the picture of this Card does not exactly show the impact of a Dominion disruptor, but the effects of the Breen dampening weapon. Anyway, we wanted to demonstrate the Dominion's ability to (partly) disable the Alliance.
1. You can use this Card in order to break through the "Cloaking Mines" for one turn and refill your Hand when it is nearly depleated.
2. Do not forget, that the Effect will not only last during your own Turn. It will also hinder all your opponents efforts to beat you. So you have a realistic chance of making it impossible to her/him matching your attack, but if she/he does and your Card becomes inactive, you may face an even more forcefull attack. So try to enforce your attack after playing "Polaron Technologie" as much as possible.
3. If you have to retreat, play "Polaron Technology" in order to render "General Martok" useless. This way you do not have to fear being overrun, and do still have a fair chance to retake the Sector directy.
4. Sometimes to many Commands on your Hand threatens your ability to continue the Fight. This can be the Result of "Garak". By playing this Card, the neccessary Unit and a Command and then redrawing at least three new Cards from the Deck Pile you can escape this trap.
Design Notes: "Legat Damar" is the strongest Command to support a Battle directly in the entire Game.
1. If you can not boost a Unit in Space Battle any further (e.g. with "Kamikaze"), "Legat Damar" will grant you a chance to get the last points of Force in order to match the stronger Federation Attacks.
2. If you have a weak Hand, "Legat Damar" can give you the time to get better Units or can cover weaker Units with Special Effects.
3. Play "Blitz" in order to combine "Legat Damar" with other Commands like "Female Founder" or "Remata'Klan" which are almost impossible to beat.
4. Very effective in combination with "Cardassian Freighter" and a Maneuver like "Kamikaze".
Design Notes: "Weyoun" is a fair Command, that is designed to support a fight in Space.
1. Use "Weyoun" early in your fight. This way you will gain the greatest advantage from this Card.
Background: In order to ensure the absolute control over the Jem'Hadar, the Founders added two DNA-Sequrences to the species' genome. The first causes all Jem'Hadar to recognize the Founders as gods, the second makes thm dependend on an enzyme which can not produced by their bodies. This is why all Jem'Hadar are dependent on the drug Ketracel White which is only provided by the Vorta. Without it, they would loose their strength, their emotional control and in the end their whole system would collapse.
Design Notes: "Ketracel White" is the logical standard Command to cast in connection with a Surface Attack.
Error note: In Version 1.0 this card states "2 Space" and "1 Surface" which was not the intention. Booster 1.1 will replace this Card with "1 Space" and "2 Surface". Until then the Card shall be used as it is in order to avoid confusion.
1. Use "Ketracel White" early in your fight. This way you will gain the greatest advantage from this Card.
Background: The Jem'Hadar are the most feared warriors of the Delta Quadrant. Geneticly crafted by the Founders they were designed to recognize the shapeshifters as Gods. They are controlled however by the drug Ketracel White which is only provided by the Vorta. The army of the Jem'Hadar does never suffer from losses as the warriors are just products of genetic engeneering.
Design Notes: The Jem'Hadar are feared most in Hand to Hand combat. As they are reproduced when needed, we added the "Take Up" icon to this Card.
1. Learn to use this Card wisely in order to make your opponent play strong Cards when he wants not to. "Evasive Action" and "Dominion Orbital Blockade" allow you to provoke strong attacks and then take up "Jem'Hadar Troops" and defend the Attack with almost nothing.
2. Keep the Card in order to survive the "Cloaking Mines". In combination with "Polaron Weapons" and "Jem'Hadar Fighter Wing" the Minefield won't fear you.
3. In combination with "Blitz" and e.g. "Ketracel White" you can create an almost unbeatable Surface attack, and yet eventually retake one Command.
Background: One of the most loyal leaders of the Jem'Hadar is Remata'Klan. Although he often has views different from his Vorta or aven the notion of a Vorta disception he follows his orders to the letter.
Design Notes: Remata'Klan was the Jem'Hadar Second from "Rocks and Shoals". He could have killed Sisko's Team, but was ordered by the Vorta to run into an Starfleet trap. So we designed him to be played as a strong ground support.
1. Early in a Fight "Remata'Klan" can help you to continue even with weak Units. This is very helpfull if you want to use a Special Effect on a weaker Unit.
2. In combination with stronger Units "Remata'Klan" can quickly decide a Fight. To be on the safe side, a Command like "Legat Damar" can make an attack allmost unbeatable.
Background: When the Federation made first contact with the Dominion the existace of the Founders was no more than a myth. Unfortunately they were real beings, the same species of shapeshifters like Odo was. The Female Founder became somewhat like the Dominion warlord in the conflict with the Alpha Quadrant. She was trapped on this side when Starfleet mined the wormhole.
Design Notes: Causing fear and disorder in the Alliance the Founders have a representative Command. This Card restricts the Federation Player to a very defensive position.
1. Make sure, "Section 31" has already been played by the Federation player, as this Event can easily ovecome the Female Founder (just as in the Series). The same is with "Federatio Miranda Class".
2. Best played, with "Blitz" and another Command such as "Legat Damar".
3. Be aware of the strong single Units among the Federation, e.g. "Deep Space Nine". Keep Maneuvers in store just in case your opponent does not withdraw.
4. "Cardassian Shipyards" can force the Enemy to continue the Battle even if she/he wants to retreat.
More comming soon each week...